Sunday, July 20, 2014

I'm Going to London!


So, it's official--I'm going to London! In less than 7 short weeks I'll be walking along the River Thames (pronounced "Tems" as my mother keeps correcting me so I don't sound like an idiot) and livin it up every week in English tea houses. That's pretty much where the blog name came from. If you know me then you're already aware of my affinity for tea and traditional tea houses. I've been planning out all the sites and restaurants I want to get around to during my 15 weeks abroad. Tea houses make up WAY TOO MUCH of the list. I just can't help it though there are TOO MANY of them! They all look so amazing and delicious...

Anyway, so I'm going abroad through the CAPA program. I chose them because of the opportunity to live in a British homestay and the unique courses they offer. They're really focused on integrating the city of London into coursework and that got me excited. I'll be taking a class on British popular culture and another on the history of theatre in England. I really see this experience as a key component to my education. England is one of the best places an English major can go. So many of the places I've read about I'll be able to visit in person. I've already started a page where you can see my bucket list of things to see/eat/do while I'm away and I plan on linking the photo tab to a Flicker page soon.

Some of the things I cannot wait to do include...

COASTEERING! Doesn't this look like the most fun thing to do ever??



THE MINACK THEATRE! My inner theatre nerd is crying from the beauty.



THE JANE AUSTEN FESTIVAL! Hundreds dressed in authentic Regency garb. Need I say more?



And that's all just the beginning.

I plan on writing a few more posts before I leave on how I'm preparing and anything else that pops up along the way. Until then!

-Emily

1 comment:

  1. I finally watched all the videos. Coasteering looks awesome to me too!

    ReplyDelete