Friday, September 12, 2014

First week in London

I have been here just a week and already so much has happened. I feel like I have gone from a really confused and timid student to a real London commuter! Everything about being here has been amazing. I love London even more than I thought I would. There's so much to see and do in this city!

I had CAPA orientation, have gone on a sightseeing tour of London, started my first week of classes and am headed to Bath tomorrow. It's been a very busy, but wonderful week. I was so nervous to ride the buses and the tube the first 2 days, but it was also really cool to finally be commuting in London. I felt a little bit like this (I've also been to this station!)....



Here are some highlights of the sites I've visited as well. Now I know it looks like I'm wearing the same thing every day, but my orange coat is just so perfect for walking around London. It's decently warmer and is long enough that it covers my pant pockets, so nothing can be easily stolen from them.

            
           VA Museum
VA Museum

Shakespeare's Globe
Tower of London
Wobbly/Harry Potter bridge
Changing of the Guard 
View from my window
Big Ben & Parliment
Buckingham Palace
St. Paul's Cathedral
CAPA Afternoon Tea Reception @ Regency Hotel
Pub near my homestay
View of the London Eye
London Bridge

As you can see from some of the pictures, it's actually been great weather here! Usually around 70 degrees and clear sunny skies. It hasn't rained yet, just sprinkled for a few minutes one day. This weather is kind of difficult. It's kind of like the time of year in Arizona when it's really hot under the sun, but then move into the shade and it's freezing. Except here it's just the sun moving out of or behind a cloud every 5 minutes. It also can be either really cold or really warm down in the tube stations depending on the time of day and the amount of people. I usually end up leaving my coat on and sweating though when it gets warm because I hate taking it on and off...

There are more photos on my Flicker page! You can also follow along on my blog through CAPA (which is more coherently written...) which goes up every Monday morning. There'll be a lot more details of my first impressions of London there, but I just wanted to update since I haven't had the chance to until today! More to come!

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment